Myths and misconceptions are everywhere and almost about anything. some of them are backed by superstitions, some just because of bad experiences and others because of misunderstandings. whatever the reason may be, these myths hold us and sit in our mind for years, until and unless you are enlightened to the truth by some trustworthy source.
Now, we are going to tell you about the most recurrent myths and misconceptions about leather backpacks that might be holding you back from buying one or simply just giving them a chance.
Let’s take a look at the most common myths and misconceptions
- Leather Backpacks are super heavy. No, they are not, leather bags go through a process called tanning through which gives them a soft touch with lightweight. If anyhow you have encountered a heavy leather bag then beware, because it’s not a genuine leather bag.
- The small size of straps would not be able to take the weight. Again a myth, everything in a leather backpack is made up of the same material. The leather manufacturing companies give attention to straps also and not to just the body of the bag as straps are the first bearers of the weight, because of that there are three layers of leather just on straps.
- It will not last long if used on daily basis. We don’t know where does this myth came from but it doesn’t hold any truth. Just like you adjust, the leather bags also do adjust but they don’t give up. Leather backpacks are actually meant to be used daily as they are tough and not fragile like other material bags. The full-grain leather bags are tanned with high-grade oils and preservatives which give a life of 30-40 years.
- It is not good for your back. The material “Leather” has nothing to do with it. It all depends on the type of the bag, messenger bags and crossbody bags are not good when you are carrying heavy weight in them like laptops and its accessories. The perfect way to carry heavy stuff is to carry it in a backpack. In a nutshell, if you are experienced back pain or shoulder pain, it is because of the wrong choice of bag you are carrying and not because of the leather bags.
- Leather Bags are not Waterproof/Weatherproof. This myth stands next to impossible, leather bags are tanned and waxed just to be tough enough to stand against any weather. There’s no doubt that genuine leather bags can stand both strong direct sunlight and rain, cracks are never formed in the leather bags, genuine leather bags.
So, hopefully, we make you change your mind about leather bags and make you see how useful and practical they are. They are incredibly stylish so, flaunt your leather bag with style and if you don’t own one, we have given you few reasons to have one.